Client Success Manager
Job Summary & Deliverables
The CSM provides vendor management guidance and support to Maple Street’s clients. Manages vendor management tools and processes, responsible for the integrity of vendor information in CADi; SME for internal and external stakeholders. Works closely with clients providing vendor compliance support, including new client onboarding and policy and procedure development, and client training.
Primary job responsibilities
Client relationship management – builds and maintains relationships with clients; understands client needs and supports vendor management program procedures; promotes and persuades clients to follow best practices and assure compliance with regulatory guidance.
New client onboarding – participates in new client onboarding process; manages vendor compliance-related activities; works with clients to develop and implement policies and procedures; trains business owners.
Vendor compliance SME – provides technical and functional expertise for internal staff and clients; includes identifying areas for improvement, and technology enhancements; assists with testing new technologies and processes; prepares due diligence summaries for 1-critical vendors, including: SOC’s, financials, and insurance.
Strategic Vendor Plan (SVP) – assists with gathering data and building components of the strategic vendor plan (SVP). Responsible for managing the vendor survey process with clients; requires strong knowledge of vendors/products.
Vendor relationship management – builds and maintains relationships with key strategic vendors; researches and tracks information and changes in vendors (names, products/services) and maintains the integrity of vendor data in CADi; sets-up new vendors in CADi, including research to identify products/services, notice addresses, and other relevant vendor information.
- Strong skills in intrapersonal, professional verbal communication to take in information, listen, develop persuasive arguments and present solutions and recommendations effectively
- The ability to put together and deliver presentations and training to clients and effectively facilitate discussions with clients
- Technical knowledge (Microsoft Office, CADi, ability to learn software programs)
- Excellent communication skills (written/verbal); ability to compose business correspondence that is clear and concise
- Strong data entry skills and attention to detail
- Problem-solving skills – has a natural curiosity for solving problems and enjoys the challenge. Looks for root causes before taking action
- Critical thinking skills – asks questions, looks at the broader picture, capable of conducting a what-if analysis.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities; strong time-management skills
- Takes personal pride in doing things right and delivering a quality work product
- Self-motivated and capable of organizing and prioritizing work to achieve required results
- Team player; leverages available resources to get the job done
- Approaches work with a positive, can-do attitude. Sees opportunities rather than barriers
- Persistent in finding the right answer, not settling for the easy answer
- Customer service experience
- Technical knowledge (expert level user of Outlook and MS Office); experience with databases
- Familiarity with vendor management and due diligence is a plus
- Knowledge about the vendor and their products (financial industry)
- Knowledge about vendor management and due diligence requirements
- Industry knowledge of challenges, changes, and general direction
- Knowledge about regulatory requirements and the monitoring/administrative agencies